Thursday, July 30, 2009

Bon Appetit!

I guess I just secretly want to be Julia Child today (by the way I read her book My Life in France and it was fabulous I highly recommend it). I had two dreams last night that I was cooking and then after watching too much Food Network today I just NEED to cook something yummie.

Since I'm in the cooking mood I figured I'd give a list of 10 recipes I love. Click on them to get the directions.

1. Pasta with Sun-Dried Tomatoes, great easy summer pasta salad.

2. Grilled Vegetables with Brown Rice, so yummie I've made this a few times for dinner and then brought the leftovers for lunch and the leftover were just as good as the first time a total plus, these ladies have a great blog and always have good recipes. 

3. Blissini, I know I have mentioned these before but they are just fantastic. Super easy morning cocktail just combine equal parts prosecco, orange juice and pomegranate juice 

4.  Strawberry Shortcake Cookies, again from the lovely ladies at We Are Not Martha, the are just so simple, more of a morning cookie/scone than a desert I found but fantastic and light.

5. Italian Baked Chicken and Pastina, a lovely change to the baked ziti, I found this recipe perfect I just added a small can of tomato sauce for a saucer ziti. 

6.  Baked Penne with Roasted Vegetables, another Giada recipe this is great I make it for a party and it worked out perfectly it also has very good leftover value. 

7. Greek Pasta Salad, this is a combination of a few recipes but super easy.
Combine cook penne, feta cheese, red pepper (uncooked), sun dried tomatoes, olives and Good Seasons Italian dressing.

8. Parmesan-Crusted Pork Chops, another one thanks to Giada, I am not a huge pork chop fan but cooked this way I love them!

9. Apple Cake Tatin, okay so I have haven't had the chance to make this yet, considering I just saw Ina make it today on the Barefoot Contessa, but yummie I think I'll have to make this over the weekend.

10. Black and White Angel Food Cake, another recipe I have been dying to try, the chocolate just spruces up the usual plain angel food cake.



6 comments:

  1. Thanks for following my blog! Your post today is making my mouth water :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love julia child too! i'm gonna try the strawberry shortcake cookies!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The food all looks so delicious! Inspiration to get into my kitchen : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. your blog makes me so hungry...



    FASHIONJINX.BLOGSPOT.COM
    FASHIONJINX.BLOGSPOT.COM
    FASHIONJINX.BLOGSPOT.COM
    FASHIONJINX.BLOGSPOT.COM
    FASHIONJINX.BLOGSPOT.COM
    FASHIONJINX.BLOGSPOT.COM

    ReplyDelete
  5. everything looks yummy,I must try the strawberry shortcake cookies!

    ReplyDelete