Friday, August 21, 2009

Guess Who Went Shopping..

(Image found here)

"You know that thing when you see someone cute and he smiles and your heart kind of goes like warm butter sliding down hot toast? Well that's what it's like when I see a store. Only it's better." -Confessions of a Shopaholic

(Image found here)

Today my Uncle took me shopping, which was amazing! Who doesn't love going shopping without worrying about the cost and having to go straight to the sale rack.

(Image found here)

We went to Gap,  and I picked out a few things for fall. Now I really needed some new jeans and I always tend to go to Gap for them because they always fit nice and are not ridiculously overpriced. Today however was the first time I went to Gap since they redid their denim. I have to say I was worried, I found jeans there previously that fit perfectly so I was concerned I would not find the same fit.


Well I guess I was right to be worried, although I did find two pairs of jeans (Classic Bootcut, and Curvy) I had an experience in the fitting room to find them, and I'm still not as satisfied with the jeans as I was with the pairs I had bought in the past from Gap. 




First I tired on the Sexy Boot, and I choose my usual size and they were way too tight in the thighs, also they were too short for my 5'8'' body and usually the Regular length fit fine. Then I tried on the Perfect Boot, which fit much better but again too short, so I ended up having to buy the Long length instead. Finally I tired on the Curvy pair and they fit nice as well, but they were too short again so I had to purchase the Long length in those as well. I would have liked to try on the Boyfriend fit as well, but they only had distressed pairs and trying to explain that distressed is in fashion to my uncle doesn't work well so I'll have to try those next time. (P.S. All the jeans were $20 dollars off)


Well after my jean distress, Gap was having a buy one get one half off sale on their tops so I got two tops.


A Striped Crewneck sweater, but in cream with peach stripes

And finally I got this gorgeous blazer I have had my eye on for a really long time, this is a perfect fall classic that I am sure I will get a lot of use out off.



A few things checked off my fall list, now I have to keep looking for a trench and a pair of flats.

UPDATE: I tried on the jeans again and don't love them so I will be returning to find something else hopefully jeans but I have little hope. So where do you ladies get your jeans? I need ideas.


"When I shop, the world gets better, and the world is better, but then it's not, and I need to do it again."-Confessions of a Shopaholic

3 comments:

  1. Love the Blazer!!! I like one from J.Crew but its a thousand million bucks!!!! I wish I had a cool uncle who took me shopping!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this blazer! I really like the new Gap jeans...for once they actually fit me! But I also like Joe's Jeans a lot. I know a lot of people have great luck with American Eagle and Abercrombie or even J.Crew. Good luck in the hunt!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm tall too- and the Buckle is where I usually get my jeans. Before I went back to school (and had money to spend) I used to buy True Religion jeans. They fit soooo well, but they're pricey.

    ReplyDelete