Sunday, August 16, 2009

SOWA Sunday..





Took the trip today to SOWA (South Washington) Open Market today. I have been wanting to go there for a while ever since a friend recommended it. The open market is a mixture of an arts fair, farmer's market and antiques. 


Inside the antiques area
The beautiful building it was in


Although the day was hot and did not cater to leisurely browsing I did find a few items I love.

Antique metal bin, fresh focaccia, strawberries and a red onion

After the SOWA market we decided to go to South End Buttery to cool down. The South End Buttery was another place I have been dying to try considering they had been named "Best Cupcakes in Boston".


The Carrot Cake Cupcake or the Harriet (named after the owner's dog) I tired was delicious, the only thing that would have made it better was if the frosting was cold. The only real downfall I would say is that I felt the cupcake had too much cinnamon making it more into a light muffin, but nonetheless it was enjoyed. I also had some fresh lemonade that was fantastic. The prices were also reasonable, the cupcake was around 3 dollars, which is quite good considering my friend bought one half the size at the farmer's market.


The inside of the Buttery was very cute as well nice creme painted tin ceilings and beautiful furniture, fixtures, and general look. I highly recommend it for a nice breakfast or even a meal as they now serve dinner. It is also dog friendly which is nice for dog lovers.

3 comments:

  1. i wish i could have gone with you. it looks fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The barn pictures came out awesome!!! What a fun day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You took great pics!

    And - cupcakes are my fav...now I want one!

    XOXO

    ReplyDelete