Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Inspiration: The English Patient Part II



If you read my post yesterday about the English Patient you know how inspired I was. Given the copious amounts of inspiration the film gave me I used it for home furnishings and now I will use it for style.

The two female lead had very different styles but both were inspiring and beautiful. 

First let us look at Hana, played by Juliette Binoche (who already is an inspiration) she wore first an Army uniform but what really hit me were the dresses she wore while at the monastery.  Completely gorgeous and retro, I decided to give it a go.

Polo Match Dress, ModCloth

Franco Sarto "Journal" Gladiator Sandals, Macys

Taking Flight Vintage Brass Airplane Necklace, bethtastic at Etsy

And now to take a look at Katherine, played by Kristin Scott Thomas, her wardrobe consists of classic pieces and the color white.

Silk Tricotine Robin Long Dress, JCrew

Christian Louboutin Cathay Red, Barneys NY
Red again inspired by the cave paintings

Thimble Necklace, Light Vision 
If you saw the film you will understand.
 
Bejeweled Orchid Hair-clip, Banana Republic 

3 comments:

  1. I love the idea of a floral dress...so feminine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love love love the thimble necklace! Something whimsical about it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Eѵer wondereԁ how to luсiԁ dгeam?
    Wе have the sοlution аt http:
    //lucіddreaming.tοp-infoгmation.net
    my page - weightloss.allthebestproducts.net

    ReplyDelete