Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Let the Wild Rumpus Start!





This Sunday I finally got to see Where the Wild Things Are. After waiting for this wonderful children's book to be made into a movie and seeing amazing trailer after trailer, I saw it. It was fantastic!



The art direction, the acting, the direction, the storyline. Perfection in my mind.

I was worried that the small children's book would be hard to transfer into a full length movie, but I was wrong the story was beautiful and I teared up, as I tend to do in too many "kid" movies.



Although the studio was nervous that this movie would not be good for families, the movie placed number one in the box office with a large percentage of the audiences being young adults who grew up with the book and the other percentage being adults with children. Spike Jonze the director, expected this saying the movie was not a children's movie per say but rather a movie about a child.


I would recommended going to see this movie if you grew up with the book, love indie movies, or just love movies about children.

PS. After watching all I want for Christmas is a Max outift! So cute and it seems so warm and cuddly!


All images via Google and Where the Wild Things Are website.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for the side bar love doll!!

    I def want to see this - it looks amazing and for all ages too ;-)

    ReplyDelete