Friday, October 9, 2009

Technicolor Dreaming: The Umbrellas of Cherbourg


Last weekend I finally watched the Umbrellas of Cherbourg, which is a French musical well opera is a better word.


I do not really remember where I first saw or hear about this movie but recently I watched an interview with Zooey Deschanel and she mentioned this movie as her style inspiration. After hearing that I had to move this movie up on my Netflix queue because I love Zooey and her unique fashion sense.


At first the movie comes to be a little shocking as every word is sung. At the beginning this takes a little getting used to but then you reach a point when it is just as if they were speaking.


The movie tells the story of a young love interrupted by war. The colors and costumes are a technicolor dream and the music is wonderful. I highly recommend this move it is something completely different and insanely beautiful.

Images via Google

No comments:

Post a Comment