Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Oy with the Poodles Already?!



This is a long time coming. As some of you may have guessed my all time favorite tv show is Gilmore Girls. Not only is it hysterically funny and charming but its smart. The writers don't dumb down their pop culture, literature, and music references just because you might not get them..they say "hey too bad you'll get the next one".

I have watched Gilmore Girls since the first day it aired and have been addicted since day one. Now that the show ended I still watch religiously. I have all seven seasons on DVD and watch them in order in a constant rotation. I watch before I go to bed almost every night, I watch when I'm sad when I'm happy, whenever really. Some might think, by some I mean my mom, how can you still find it entertaining, but I do, every time I watch an episode I notice something new and interesting .

For those of you not in the know, Gilmore Girls is about a mother and daughter. The mother Lorelai had her daughter Rory at 16. Lorelai grew up in a rich republican stuffy home and after she had Rory she left her family to raise her child her way. The show starts when Rory is 15 and her and her mother live in Stars Hollow, CT a small quirky town. Lorelai and Rory love movie, books, tv, and everything fun. They continually reference these things and get themselves in some funny situations. Their relationship is more of best friends than mother and daughter. The show is about love; love between mother and daughter, love in families, and love in relationships. But it is also about these two character growing up together and learning from their similar mistakes. The show's premise is simple the show is just a gem.

Lauren Graham, who plays Lorelai, is an effervescent beauty of an actress who talks and jokes so much like her television character it is hard to see where one ends and the other begins. Alexis Bledel plays Rory and this was her first acting job so you can see her grow as an actress as Rory grows as a person.

Take a peak at some of my favorite moments.



All images via google.

2 comments:

  1. My sister is addicted to this show, too! I have to admit, I find it pretty much impossible to walk away from, too. One of the great things about it is that it's funny in a smart way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never seen this show... but I have always wanted to watch it. Maybe I will add some seasons to my Netflix!

    ReplyDelete