Monday, December 28, 2009

Could It Be, Another Mr. Darcy?


Recently I watched North and South, a BBC miniseries based on the book of the same name by Elizabeth Gaskell, my friend introduced it to me since we both had a liking for the main actor ever since Robin Hood. The show tells the story of a young woman named Margaret, her family recently moved north from her childhood country home to an industrial city. The change is drastic. While in the new city Margaret meets John Thornton a local business owner and the two have a long and unsteady relationship that rivals Pride and Prejudice with similarities such as rejected marriage proposals and pride getting in the way of love.





I highly recommend North and South for any Pride and Prejudice fan (it's on Netflix instant view). It is a fabulous love story and a story about classes and struggles. The look and feel of the mini-series is just beautiful, in addition to the wonderful score. Mr. Thorton rivals Mr. Darcy in making hearts swoon. As soon as I saw this I ordered it on Amazon to add to my collection.

All images via google.

2 comments:

  1. Ohhh I love these kind of things! Perfect for a rainy day and some baileys...I mean hot chocolate. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete