Wednesday, February 3, 2010

A Story of Two Strangers, One a Little Stranger Than The Other


Last night I watched the movie Adam starring Hugh Dancy and Rose Byrne. Adam tells the story of a man with Asperger's falling in love and dealing with up and downs of his life. As soon as I saw the preview for the movie a few months ago I fell in love with the idea of the movie and after watching it I was not disappointed.

Only having known one person with Asperger's the movie was enlightening and Hugh's portrayal of the struggle with everyday things is enlightening. After watching the movie I read many reviews by people with Asperger's saying how lovely it is to see a true depiction of what they deal with everyday.



Not only does the movie shed light on Asperger's but it is a heartwarming and charming love story, but like the ever lovely 500 Days of Summer, it is your conventional romantic story. The movie also has a great soundtrack, so much so that I downloaded it off Amazon right after watching. I would highly recommend the movie if you loved 500 Days or if you just love a indie romance.



All images via google.

6 comments:

  1. you always have the best movie suggestions! thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That seems like such a heartbreaking movie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i will add it to my netflix queue!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ok - I'm adding this to my watch wish list. thanks for the info! lovely blog x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm going to add this to my netflix, it sounds like a really great movie!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks interesting, I'll have to check it out!

    Come and enter my Valentine's Giveaway!
    http://myfavouritethings-chloe.blogspot.com/2010/01/valentines-giveaway.

    ReplyDelete