Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Perfectly Beautiful: Broken Embraces

Thanks to the blessing that is Spring Break, I have been lounging around this week and watching movies and Mad Men. As amazing as it would have been to be somewhere warm and sunny, I have to say this is just as fabulous in my overtired mind.

Today I finally got to see Pedro Almodovar's Broken Embraces (Los abrazos rotos). I had never seen one of Almodovar's movies,but I have always wanted to, for I heard mumblings of greatness.


Those mumblings should have been shouts and screams. Broken Embraces was a perfectly beautiful film. Each screen shot is one to be framed, each performance to be admired and cherished.


Once upon a time I wasn't a huge fan of Penelope Cruz, I really can't remember why, but I have been adoring her since she won her Oscar and I got to see more of her. The films I have seen of her's are just wonderful and her performance is always powerful, memorable, and her facial expressions are just perfect.


Broken Embraces tells the story of blind writer, Henry Caine and his journey to heal his wounds from 14 years ago. The story is moving, romantic and heartbreaking. The beauty will stay with you as will the characters.

Images via google

8 comments:

  1. I heard this was great. Love the last photo of Penelope.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow the stills from the film are gorgeous! I will have to check it out

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait to see it!! Happy Saturday!

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love penelope cruz! must see. need to make a list of your picks. : )

    ReplyDelete
  5. Almodovar is an amazing director. I also love his early films - such a great mixture of hysteria and fun. Penelope Cruz just seems to come to life in his pictures more than anywhere else.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I concur! Penelope is one of my favs & she's GORGEOUS.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Damn Penelope...she can pull off brunette AND blonde...I'm so jealous!

    ReplyDelete