Thursday, April 22, 2010

Favorite Spaces: Edition Three


Lincoln Monument
Washington DC



Last May as I mentioned previously I went to Washington DC for the first time. I never really thought much about my favorite monument but after walking inside and around the colonnade of the Lincoln Memorial it became my favorite monument and one of my favorite spaces in one fowl swoop.



One of my favorite pictures ever, two cute old vets in front of Honest Abe.

The space is just truly majestic and makes you feel that you are in a space of pure greatness. Looking up at Mr. Lincoln from his chair, reading the Gettysburg Address, and seeing the perfectly luminescent ceiling you can't help but feel at ease.




And the winner of my Blog Birthday giveaway is the lovely Elizabeth Bennet aka Kat, check out her lovely tumblr "The Secret Life of Daydreams" for posts on Austen-isms, handsome men, lovely quotes, and all things beautiful. Thanks to all those who entered.

Al images via me

3 comments: