Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Fall Wedding Attire

My cousin is getting married the first week in October. The wedding is pretty casual since it's his second wedding, the ceremony is at a small chapel by the sea and the reception is at a local veterans hall. I've been trying to think of what to wear but all my dresses seem much too summery for an October occasion. I don't have a lot of money right now either so I'm trying to think frugally. Today I saw this lovely skirt on ModCloth and thought it would be just perfect.


I already own a pretty black flutter sleeve top similar to this one but more fitted and has black beaded appliques on the shoulders.


And I'm thinking of finishing off the outfit with a pair of fun heels like these.


What do you guys think? I'm not sure it might be too "night time". Any suggestions of what to wear to a fall wedding?

10 comments:

  1. Hi Meaghan,
    Thanks for featuring our skirt on your blog! That is one of my fave new arrivals! Did you know you can contact one of our ModStylists and they can help you pick out the perfect outfit for a fall wedding??

    Thanks again,
    Aire @ModCloth

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the shoes you picked- both are cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love those shoes! Sequin shoes are my weakness. I like the skirt a lot too. I'm not sure what is appropriate for a Fall wedding since I have been to like 2 weddings in my lifetime lol. I say go for it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Long as you wear the shirt tucked in :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the bow shoes. Is it day or night time wedding?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks! The reception is at 6pm but the ceremony is at 3pm..now im thinking something different..how knows?! thanks for all the feedback.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Meaghan,nice blog! The skirt is really pretty and i love the bow shoes! I have a fall wedding coming too, october 2nd to be exact, one of my girlfriends is getting married! i went to the taylor but now i'm afraid it's gonna be too cold for the dress i decided to make! In italy( i'm italian), the wedding dresscode doesn't allow to wear white and black. About white the rule is really strict, but not about black; anyway, if u could see my dress you would feel free to wear anything you feel like, i think i exagerate a bit :D
    good luck for the perfect outfit!
    p.s. wanna know how i run into your blog? i was looking for Alexis Bledel's Bangs, i've been Gilmored too, miss them!!! Sorry for my english,
    hug from Italy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cute gray skirt and cute blog ~ Happy Halloween ~ Alexandra

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cleaning your Cute Flats Shoes for women is largely a matter of daily care and daily attention to any blemishes. Using all natural Pointed Toe Leather Pumps care products allows the leather to breathe.

    ReplyDelete